LEGAL SECRETARY - CARDIFF
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Legal Secretary to join an established law firm in Cardiff. The successful candidate will provide secretarial and administrative support to several fee earners within a busy Conveyancing team.
The role will involve working with large documents (including formatting), assisting with billing and dealing with clients. Candidates must possess previous relevant experience; strong typing skills and the ability to use a digital dictation system.
We are seeking someone who has a strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills, with the ability to use their own initiative and work within tight deadlines. This role is 35 hours per week, 09:00am - 5:00pm.
- Audio typing via digital dictation system and copy typing drafts to finished items.
- Composing letters to clients, solicitors and various other stakeholders.
- Diary management including setting reminders for fee earners, arranging appointments, meetings, lunches, travel and accommodation.
- Photocopying, faxing and scanning documents as and when required.
- Preparing bills, including disbursements from billing guides. Preparing relevant forms for accounts including payment requests.
- Meeting with clients to obtain identification documents, preparing the relevant forms for a file to be opened on the Firm's case management system.
- Preparing engagement letters and completion statements to clients.
- Looking after various fee earners files in their absence and exchanging contracts and completing matters (when authorised).
- Answering external calls on behalf of fee earners when they are not available.
- File closures including checking the accounts system to ensure that all disbursements have been cleared and that there is no money left on client account.
- Managing incoming post, processing incoming cheques and acknowledgements and replying to various stakeholders when necessary.
- Any other duties required to ensure the smooth running of the team.
If you think that you would be a suitable candidate for this position, please APPLY and we will get back to you if you have been sortlisted.